Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Gracie's Blessing

We blessed Gracie on Super Bowl Sunday which was fitting in oh so many ways. The hard thing about blessing her at church is timing up her being fed, not poopy, and happy. We had it all timed up perfectly and then when it was time...our bishop forgot. So we waited until after sacrament and she was fortunately still happy.

Austin made Gracie a card for her special day.

Sheri trying to make her happy!
Trying to get a family picture before church was a nightmare. Comical to say the least. Literally out of 50 pictures, this is the only one with all of us semi-looking.

Sheri and Craig were in town for her special day and helped us so much during the week with projects we had around the house.
I loved watching John hold tiny Gracie in her super slippery and long dress. It's been so different for me to have a girl in our home. I love my boys, but having Gracie has brought out the softer side of me. I just never thought I would have the chance to have a baby girl and I am so grateful to be her mother. 

4 comments:

Skousen Family! said...

I love that picture of John and Gracie! You need to frame it in her room.

tara said...

She looks so much like Brock to me. What a beautiful little thing! I bet you are having a blast with her.

Caryn said...

So sweet. She's just a tiny doll!!

Zappe Family said...

What a darling little cutie she is. And...I love seeing her in John's arms too. So fun for you to have a girl! :)