Monday, September 3, 2007

Weekend BBQs

I love a good BBQ and Labor Day weekend is the perfect excuse to do so. Sometimes I feel like I can't have anyone over until I have a house to entertain people. Then I realized that my friends don't care where we get together and let's face it, we might not be in a house for a long time. So last night I invited some friends over for a BBQ and what started as a small affair turned into 18 people in my small apartment. The kids had a ball, although they did keep asking if they could go in my backyard. Sure you can! See that 12x8 square of cement on my balcony...that's my backyard, have at it! The kids loved jumping on Austin's bed and singing karaoke (thanks Sheri). The food was yummy and we had enough leftovers to feed a small army.
Krishawn, me, Jen, and Heidi

Checking out Tricia's blog on our computer(Happy Birthday, we miss you!)

"WHO LET THE DOG's OUT...."(Austin's favorite karaoke song)


Today, the Becks invited us over for a BBQ and swimming. We swam for about 15 minutes before a storm rushed in and rained us out. The Becks live right on the water so after dinner the guys all went outside to go fishing since it had cleared up. When we got home we had a nice surprise in our freezer from the night before. One of the Dr.Peppers from our Dr. Pepper lovin' friends (we won't mention names) had exploded all over our freezer! One had slipped by John as he was clearing them out last night. Oops!

10 comments:

Cara said...

ooh...Frozen Dr. Pepper! That sounds good. I wonder if Sonic has it?

Caryn said...

Sorry about the mess, bt it sounds like you had a good time! BBQ's are good times, you are right! I love Miami by the way, we came for a week in April and I can't wait to get back! I wish we knew you were there! Maybe next time!

The Clark Family said...

I can't believe a Dr Pepper exploded, I feel so bad! We had such a great time, thanks again!

Bridget and Dustin said...

Hey Christy it's so much fun to find friends in the blogging world. You have such a cute family.

Ami Bethea said...

Oh man, I bet that was fun to clean up. But I agree with Cara, it does sound good! Your weekend sounds like fun, good times with good friends.

Lance and Becky said...

I love the pictures! No one cares where you live, it's always good to have people over and to visit! I felt the same way though when we were in an apartment, but it's so fun to get together :) That stinks about the Dr. Pepper, that happened to us a fair share of times. Lance will forget he put it in the freezer :)

The Wilkes said...

Hey Dennys! We found your blog through a friend. Hope all is well with you guys. Take care!

Hiatt Family said...

Christy,
It's so good to hear from you. I am here at my mom's house and we loved looking at pictures of your family. Your kids are SO cute & you look beautiful!
Love,
Susan & Anjane'

Katy said...

Christy
congrats! I didn't know you had 2 boys. Your family is so cute. I found your blog from the Goggins.
We have one tyandk8.blogspot.com

It is fun to get the update!

Katy McGee

Livingstone Family said...

Christy, it looks like your family is having quite the adventure in Florida! I have LOVED checking out all the links from your blog and seeing our old ward friends. What a good time that was! You are great and it is so fun to see the updates. I'm going to link you to our blog so that I can check in more often. Take care!