Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Unexpected

The thing that frustrates me about blogging is that some of the biggest things in my life I can't blog about. Either it's just entirely too personal or it's not my story to share. Sometimes I write posts and don't publish them since this is a journal for me. My heart has been aching since I found out one of my friends, Brittany, that I have known since high school lost her one year old son on Monday. Since she posted this on her blog I feel okay to share her story. He was found in his crib with the blinds cord wrapped around his neck. He was given CPR and then taken to the hospital where they worked on him for 45 minutes. I remember going to the hospital when he was born. He had so much beautiful hair. I have a strong testimony and I know my friend does too but to have a child so young pass away unexpectedly is still so hard. I can't even begin to try to think I know what she is going through. She is so strong. So strong. I don't think I would be strong enough. I can't think of a trial that is much harder than that. It just makes me want to squeeze my boys and cherish every smile and temper tantrum they have. You just never know when your loved ones will be taken away.

5 comments:

Caryn said...

I am so sad for her. I have known her since grade school. It is crazy just how precious life is. My heart just breaks for her!

Cara said...

Thanks for posting. I had no idea. I have known her since elementary school. I can't even imagine what she is going through.

Laura said...

I talked to Ryan tonight and he was telling me all about the story from your blog - maybe he talked to john cause I dont see any of the same story. so sad though. a couple years ago when I was in holland with the kids I woke up in the night with such a strong feeling that I needed to check on kyle. she was sleeping across the room and I could kinda see her and for sure hear her snoring so I couldn't figure out why I needed to check on her. finally I got out of bed and walked across the room to find out that the lamp cord for the lamp on the table next to the bed was totally choking her neck. It was wrapped around so tight I had to unplug the cord to get it off. One of the many times my kids guardian angels have been working overtime - it's amazing how tender their little lives are.

have fun in denver and powell!

Birchall Family said...

That is the saddest thing I have ever heard...my heart aches for them. Thanks for posting that, just one more person to add to prayers.
We missed you at the reunion! Wish you could have made it, but I understand not wanting to go alone!

d feist said...

That just breaks my heart. I appreciate her sharing her story. We missed you at the reunion. It was lots of fun since most of the '98 girls were there. You better be there for the 20!