Wednesday, November 19, 2008

What the...

My head is spinning. I have a huge YW in Excellence program, Bunko at my house, Barb's shower, and Thanksgiving within a week so I am a little overwhelmed.

My sister Susan just left from a weekend visit to help me decorate my house. I wasn't blessed with the decorating gene and she's a natural at it. Decorating is a lot of work and pretty exhausting. I couldn't find Austin and found him asleep in Susan's room. He must have been exhausted too.


To top it all off Austin is in a major FUNK.

He had his preschool Thanksgiving feast today for the whole family so I wanted to take a picture of him when we got home. As he got off the bar stool I noticed pen written all over it. Austin wrote with pen on our our ottoman a little while ago so this was Austin's second offense and I was LIVID because he knows better.

Does anyone know how to get pen out of leather? FYI- rubbing alcohol takes off not only the pen but the leather stain. Don't ask me how I know that.

So John grounded Austin for a day. No movies, no bikes, no hot tub. He was not happy and kept telling us that he is not "Drownded". So I am sitting on the couch and Austin walks in from the backyard BUCK NAKED.

Me- "Um, Austin why are you naked?"
Austin - "I don't want to go on the potty."

What? I went outside and sure enough my son had taken a big fat DUMP in our backyard. Who does that? I have no words.

21 comments:

Ami Bethea said...

Is it something in the air? My Stratton isn't destroying things but he has a MOUTH all of a sudden. "You're an idiot Mom!" "I don't like you Cade!" and my favorite...when I ask him to pick up his shirt off the floor he says "Pick up your shirt off the floor" in a sassy tone. I say Stratton you need to talk nice to Mom. "You need to talk nice to Mom", etc. It is sooo irritating!! We are at wits end with him right now, but I hear that all my friends are having similar problems with at least one of their kiddos.

Janece Perkins said...

Okay, sorry, but I got a huge laugh out of the poop! I'm sure it wasn't funny at the time! Boston has been on one, too. It must be the age. Lately Boston is into telling me that I'm "stupid', "ugly", and that he "wants a new mommy". Let me tell you, I just about left him in the Walmart parking lot a few days ago so that he could find his "new mommy". A prayer needs to be sent out for all mom's of 3 year old boys.

MEG said...

Well poop in the grass is sort of natural. Shouldn't we all do it that way?

LOL, kidding. I'm so sorry.

I have no idea how to get pen out of leather. We got magic marker on the leather couches in Lake Powell. The answer was not to touch it and it would wear off naturally - it did. I imagine pen is different though. Maybe you can call a leather or furniture company?

I loved the post.

Anonymous said...

I've heard tea tree oil does the trick.

tara said...

I'm sorry, but that just made me laugh. I think it's the age. I caught Chase peeing off of the hot tub (standing on the cover) once. It has to be a boy thing too...something fascinating about bodily functions at that age.

Anne-Elizabeth said...

Sounds super exciting out there! Wow! Samuel inked our white leather couch last month. We have some leather cleaner from the furniture store that removed it with persisence! I was so bummed, but it came out. Good as new, thank goodness! Check a furniture store or online. Good luck with the ink and the coming week!

Noelley's Life said...

The poop story is way funny! It is always funnier when it is not your own child doing something naughty. We recently got pen on my sisters leather seat in her car. We used non acetone nail polish remover and scrubed it lightly with a tooth brush and a wet soapy rag. Then we had to put some leather conditioner on the leather because it dried it out a little. You can't even tell where it was now! Goodluck! We sent an email to you for you to beable to go on our blog. If you didn't get it you can email us again at gapgirlnoelle@hotmail.com and we can invite you again. Hope all is good!

Brett said...

Brett is laughing histarically after reading that post together....his favorite part, Austin taking a big fat dump in the back yard! And I'm thinking this is the fun we have to look forward to one day when we have kids!!! By the way, loved your flower arrangements you and Susan did!

Nead Family said...

I'm sorry, Christy, but, I had to laugh at that one, too! I feel your pain with everything else, though....just think...next week at this time it'll all be over

Beth said...

wow-you are getting put through the ringer lately. sounds like you need a spa treatment:)

Kimi D said...

most important...how did the decorating go?

Zappe Family said...

Oh wow...sorry! He must be in the same stages as Mitchell right now. It's pretty frustrating. I totally can sympathize. I have to hold myself back from wanting to sell him, beat him, you know. It's so hard! Best of luck! You always get thing together in time my friend. It will be great! Are you making gravy again this year? Best of luck this time! :)

Becky said...

Ha, ha, I am totally laughing right now, sorry. It's always funny when it's not your child. We have Micro fiber couches and they came with a cleaner that is also for leather, and the sales lady specifially mentioned pen, so I would try a furniture store. We got ours at Ashley Furniture just in case you have one there. Hope this helps you!

Alisha said...

so funny! I swear that even the best kids just have a "day" (maybe a few) where all the naughtiness that's stored up comes out. good luck! =)

Monica said...

Susan had me look on your blog since she's on it! She feels famous! I am so sad I don't know what I am going to do when she moves away---She's my funnest friend. I need her to come decorate my house, she is so talented!I love your blog! Okay I laughed because it brings back memories of when my boys were little. Yes I definitely know how to get pen stains out! Over the years I've become a pro! HAIRSPRAY! It really works! Goodluck, let me know! I added you to my blog--you can access my blog at wwww.whitinghappenings.blogspot.com

Monica said...

You can also buy a leather cleaner!

Cecilie said...

HA HA..thanks for the laugh!! They can always one up ya when you take away something of theirs!!!

Laura said...

you are one busy girl! hope all your events are going well.

love austin's turkey tshirt! did he make that? I'm realizing that boys will be boys...doesn't matter if they are 3 or 30...there is NOTHING to change that! at least austin pooped in your own yard...tyler did that last year in the larsens next door....when they were having a family bbq!

Lance and Becky said...

You will be so glad when this week is over...but have so much fun with everything....that's the most important! You will do just fine, I had a week like that about a month ago, and it ended up being great! Let us know how everything goes!

Brittany said...

Sounds like you have a little Titan on your hands. Make sure you record this somewhere for him to read when he is older, so he can know why his kids are giving him such a bad time. Kiss him and Brock extra for me. Even though they are naughty...

Wendy said...

When John was telling the poop story last night after Thanksgiving dinner he painted such a visual picture with his "it looked like a big 'ole blob of guacamole". Thanks to John (and Austin) I may never be able to eat guacamole again. :)