I've had a lot of people ask me what's going on with the NFL Lockout and the answer is nothing. Many people think that the players are on strike but it's actually the exact opposite. The owners will not let the players into the facility to work out or practice until they take less money. A lot less. The owners have yet to open up their books and show everyone exactly why they need more money. They say that the NFL is a bad business model which is ironic since it's the highest grossing sport by far even in the recession. John and Ricky Williams are the NFLPA reps for Miami which means John is always on conference calls with the lawyers and the other team reps getting the latest news and then he relays it to his teammates.
There was one day last month where the lockout was lifted and John headed into work to talk to his coaches and cover his bases. But now the lockout is back on and hopefully we will know more soon. We've bought flights to go back west to Lake Powell, AZ, and Vegas but that could change at any second. The players have 40 hours to report once the lockout is lifted so I can just see us in the middle of Lake Powell trying to get reception and figuring out how to get John out of there in that time frame! Yikes!
Even though there's no football as of now, they released the schedule for this fall and I was complaining to John that he has away games on Thanksgiving and Christmas Eve.
John, the optimist, said, "Well, at least I have a job."
To which I said, "Umm...actually you don't." :)
I'm sure it will all get resolved soon. For now, I like to tease John that I'm his Sugar Mama.
Tuesday, May 17, 2011
The Lockout
Posted by
Christy {The Girl Who Ate Everything}
at
1:30 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
sounds complicated and scary. I hope it all works out in your benefit. What dates are you going to lake powell? HOpfully you can make it through the vacation time with out John needing to get on a plane. GOOD LUCK! Have fun. if you get this way lets get together.
LOL
The part about "at least I have a job" was really funny.
It's been awhile since we've seen you guys, and I'm so excited for the time we get!
I'm hoping the best for timing and everything, but if it gets crazy - that's just fine! We do crazy too!
;)
Hopefully it will get resolved soon!!
WTH?? Three trips and not one to COLORADO?? I see where we rank!
Hope it all gets worked out soon!! A
Post a Comment