Friday, July 29, 2011

31

Turning 30 was hard but 31 was easier. I checked off some things on my bucket list this year, like running a marathon, and even accomplished some I didn't know were on there. I dreaded leaving the twenties but 31 brought more perspective. Every year I'm stretched a little more and learn life lessons in ways I couldn't imagine.

This year was a low key birthday. Spent the day at the pool, ate at Outback for dinner, and John made an Almond Joy cake I had been eyeing. It felt like he spent all day on it but he said it just had a lot of parts to it. The cake turned out to be more work than JOY and if you know John, he followed the recipe exactly so I think it was just a bad recipe. Didn't stop us from eating it...
I swear Wes had a clean shirt on at some point in the day before all of the chocolate and whipped cream.

3 comments:

Sharee said...

You are an amazing girl. I wish you the best year ever. I agree the 30s are great. I feel bad for those who hate getting older and wiser. Its all perspective. Just live, Laugh and love...RIGHT? Happy Birthday to you.

The Clark Family said...

I'm glad you had a good b-day and so glad I got to talk to you, even if it wasn't on your actual birthday. Hope you guys are doing well. Good luck this August! Miss you...

Heather McMullin said...

Happy Birthday. We love you so much!