Sunday, November 9, 2008

The answer is No

I was afraid when I titled my last post "It's Official" that people would think I was pregnant and I was right. I am officially not pregnant. We actually have been trying for a while. I am grateful for the two boys I have been blessed with. I have seen my sisters and friends go through major infertility problems so I wouldn't say that I can really be depressed about not being pregnant yet.

It took us years to get pregnant with Austin. We got pregnant with Brock so quickly that I guess I got a little arrogant and thought I could time this next baby just right for a non-football season, cooler weather baby. I even jokingly had a pact with my friends to try to get pregnant in July so we could all have babies together. I even cheated and started trying early a couple months early. They must have cheated too because they all got pregnant before July and I am so happy for them.

It's funny how the Lord has a way of reminding us who is in charge.

Anyway, here are the few highlights from our very mundane week:

-Pressure cleaning our driveway and sidewalk all day with the pressure cleaner we bought at Costco.
-Date night to Chima, a Brazilian steakhouse, where I ate my weight in cheese balls and John literally ate 6 lbs of steak.
-We braved the crowds at the opening of Chick Fil A with the Becks. It was CRAZY! I was so excited for it to open because I knew I would have a least a week to have playdates there before the playplace started crawling with diseases (welcome to Florida).

Time to go before I erase everything I just wrote. TMI, right. The problem with announcing that you want to get pregnant is that everyone is very curious to if I am yet. You won't have to ask me if I am pregnant. Trust me you'll know. I can't really hide it since my belly button pops out by week 16.

14 comments:

Caryn said...

You are sweet. I think it is so important that people talk about infertility things. It happens to more people than you'd think. It took me 3 years and a LOT of help to get Berk, that's why I get annoyed when people see my extra pounds and think I am having number 3, it's like-geez can't a girl be a little extra insulated for the winter??

Your time will come, the hardest part for me was accepting that it was not my timetable or my being ready that was going to make it be. He will send you more kids when He is ready.

Anyways, I am glad you have a chic-la (as my kids say), I love that they are a healthier alternative to fast food.

MEG said...

HAHAHA, I remember being in lake powell - you, me, Heather, and Tara were all talking about getting pregnant. You and Heather beat the hell out of Tara and me, but we all finally got it. Now we're talking about another round? SHEESH!

It took me a lot of time and 2 miscarriages to get Axton. Honestly I'm sort of scared to go for another. Some of us just don't have it as easy as the rest I guess.

Thanks for the clarification and enjoy trying! LOL

Beth said...

it is true-so many know your pain on some level. i am always amazed at women who get pregnant easily and have great pregnancies! i wish everyone could be like that.

Kimi D said...

i'll be excited when #3 is on the way...but in the meantime i just love loving #1 and #2...kiss the boys for me!

ambercarlson said...

You're so cute, I always love reading your blog! You crack me up!

Amber

Zappe Family said...

You are a brave woman. I'm impressed that you're ready to try for #3 already! I'm still in recovery mode from #2! Best of luck to you...and just enjoy life! (As you seem to do anyway...) love ya!

Sharee said...

Don't worry. It will happen sooner than you think. I honestly wasn't trying when I got prego the 3rd time. I really was waiting for July. You will be the lucky one to get a girl next.
Love ya

Mandy said...

Number three took us alomost 9 months when our other kids were so easy. I feel your pain, I wish it was easy for everyone! Good luck!

Skousen Family! said...

christy,
You are so sweet and yes your time will come Alot sooner then you think!
I think Heavenly father makes us wait a little bit or sometimes "have a miscarriage" to show the importance of a child. I Know for me I just always took getting prego lightly then when I miscarried at 13 week two ultra sounds of seeing the baby heart beat, It just made me hold my kids a little tighter! and really really love them, and sometimes when I am having down days or they are driving me crazy I just think ok at least you can have babies!!! I would DIE if I couldnt have babies!!!!!!! It WILL happen and YES keep in up to date!! Good luck!!

Cara said...

As someone with 3 kids, I have to say a little space between 2 & 3 is nice. I have almost 4 yrs between them & I love it! (I did have a miscarriage inbetween though) Having my first 2 so close together is a little tough sometimes. My 1st was in kindergarten when I had my 3rd & it made it sooooo much easier. Plus I heard the farther apart they are the more likely you are to have the opposite sex. & my boys take such good care of thier little sister.

tara said...

I'm excited to see what #3 will look like - so far you guys have proven to produce little HUNKS.

The Clark Family said...

That's funny that everyone thought you were pregnant! Anyway, the movie was super fun today, thanks for letting me crash your family day. And I am going to put my Halloween pics up even if it kills me. For some reason I just keep writing other things. I actually got on today to do it but you will notice that there are just more opinions, not pictures...

Janece Perkins said...

I know how you feel! Charli started telling her teachers at school and church that I was pregnant over 2 years ago...so now every Sunday and every school day I have at LEAST one person asking if I'm pregnant. Yay! And since now people know that I've been trying for 2 1/2 years, they ask me with that really sad face. Love it.

Nead Family said...

You are so cute, Christy. I hope you can get pregnant soon. We are going to try for next July. I, too, am just expecting that it'll happen. Who knows? All I know is that I'm not ready yet. The man upstairs truly knows what he's doing. I could just picture John hiding all the scissors from you. That's something Spence would do. His hair will grow back soon. Great post!